Child Tickets are $20
Adult Tickets are $10
Click the link below to buy your tickets ahead of time.
(If adding multiple tickets for adults and children you'll have to 'add to cart' and then come back to this page to 'add to cart' again for both child tickets and adult tickets.)
What is it?
If you've been to a previous Spooktacular, you know the fun and craziness that goes into this major Spruce event. If this will be your first, you are in for a treat! The children shake with happy anticipation of their school being transformed into a fantastic Halloween experience filled with tricks, treats, games and laughs.
Here's how it works...
Many parents come together - with their time, creativity, muscles and many other skills. Together, we transform three floors of the school into SPOOKY KID JOY for an evening!
Be it one hour, many hours, or several evenings of your time, please consider getting your Halloween on with us this year.
• Are you good with a clipboard? Help organize our many volunteers on the night of the event.
• Creative Imagination and Hands? Consider coming up with a new experiential area…or taking over one that already exists! (ie The Ghostly Graveyard or The Witches’ Brew).
• A fantastic baker? Donate baked goods or other themed food items to be sold.
• Enjoy decorating? Help us build this out… Friday evening 9/21 – Saturday afternoon 9/22.
• Artist? Lend your talents to new décor creation.
• Actor? Fortune teller? Magician? So many fabulous ways to scare and entertain the kids!! We can use them all.
• DJ? Run the dance floor!
• There are also many shifts to sign up for leading up to and during the event, as well as helping to clean it all up when the party ends : (
You may also donate to the event via the purchase of materials we need, helping minimize event costs.
Click here to use Amazon via the Spruce link (giving us up to 7.5% commission), and from the upper right hand side, drop down 'lists', click 'find list or registry' and search "[email protected]". Then be sure you choose Spooktacular 2016. You'll need to complete your purchases all in one session to ensure the cut comes to the PTA - if you get interrupted, please follow all these steps again!
This is a Spruce Street School fundraiser.
The more parent help and donations we incorporate
the more money goes to the school PTA.
Contact us to get involved, by clicking on the links below:
* For creative, décor or production interest, please reach out to Kristin Moshonas or Danielle Solomon
* For baking and food interest, please contact Jennifer Fuglestad.
• Click here to sign up for general volunteer shifts (set up, event specific or clean up), or contact Marjorie Zarin with questions.
The PTA believes passionately in inclusion for all members, and for all children in our school. If paying fees for PTA activities creates financial difficulty, please reach out to Julie Lam or call 212-266-4800, ext. 2. All requests to the PTA will be handled in the strictest confidence and with anonymity.